22 August 2006

Why do we learn the K56 method?

I drove to UNISA on Monday and as I did, I saw MANY cars NOT signalling before they did anything. I walked during my break to the place where my Mom works and I almost became road-kill as the guy did NOT signal that s/he was turning into the driveway...
 
And then, returning from UNISA, I hooted at this fool who moved into my lane without indicating and as I was speeding up at that moment, I had to slam on brakes and shift down..the guy behind me also got peeved...
 
I am now grateful to Pat Allen for teaching me the K53 (..er K56 perhaps?) method.
 
I also know why people drive so badly. They don't care anymore, and the law protects them if you don't have a witness to prove to the courts that it was their fault!
Oops, I didnt indicate...oh well, who cares?
 
Sure I drive like a maniac, but I am trying to keep it to safe madness - ie, if there are no other cars and it looks & feels safe, I'll do it. If a passenger suggests it, I'll ignore it - I once listened to a mad young passenger and I'm now infamous for a silly thing I did.
 
So, why do I like the way I had to learn to drive? Well, the way I learnt taught me how to drive defensively and if you drive in the places I drive, you'll realise that I'm safer and not saner.
 
I have a sollution. Drive as if ALL the other cars were those happy taxis!!
Be calm on the road. Dont get mad or show ANY emotion when something happens to you.
Getting mad doesnt help, I learnt that - it just boils your blood hotter than HOT.
 
Drive with a smile and concentrate on the road in case you can avoid an accident!
 
Now, If you see a souped up blue fox 1.8 with a crazy guy smiling and grinning and talking to an invisible passenger, well, that's me! And I talk to God, in case you were wondering..!
 
Malcs
ps. An English lecturer has given new meaning to what I think I should do...
I'm gonna be puting my poems back online!
I have know idea when it shall be, but I no that it may be sooner than I think @ malcsman.za.net - if the server is back online?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home